Thursday, 15 December 2016

Review of the Year '16

This year has been good. Let's start, as always, with the books.


Indie Book of the Year



This was an easy choice for me. Out of all of the indie books that I have read this year, All Roads Lead to Terror was the one.

I don't read a huge amount of zombie fiction, but this was amazing. The characters were solid, and the story still sits with me today.

Richard Schiver is one hell of a writer and deserves more recognition.

Buy links and review here: http://filingwords.blogspot.com/2016/02/review-all-roads-lead-to-terror.html


Novel of the Year



I've only just read this, but damn, it's good. Probably running head long towards one of the finest novels I've ever read. It's clear that Wendig is a superior writer, and not just a nice guy.

Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/Blackbirds-Miriam-Black-Chuck-Wendig/dp/148144865X/

It pretty much secures best cover, as well.

Notable Mentions
(click for Amazon)








I could list here all the awesome people, but I shall not. Some people, however, that have gone above and beyond:

Cindy Hernandez, Richard Schiver, Brieanna Robertson, Eden Royce, Kody Boye, Elisha Neubauer, and Jessica Baumgartner (mostly because she's fucking mad.)












This year, hat's off for European Geeks Publishing, and their imprint Eleventh Hour Literary Press. Witches and Strange have both done very well, selling consistently, and Eleventh Hour is on the verge of releasing A Night at the Dream Theater.
















And me? Well, we bought a house. That's a novel within itself, and one I feel I'll be writing for a few years...

But on writing? I have the first Short/Cut coming out at the end of the month, Rise of Valor, the last part of The Devil's Hand series in March(ish), with a paperback compendium of the whole series, and the second Short/Cut in June(ish). I've finished the novel Trinity, done and edited and I'm about to throw another novel onto the pile of done ones (the first in a series of novels).

So. Busy, busy.

1 comment: